Mobo beeps

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
Richski
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi Guys,

My old WinFast motherboard gave up the other day, and I'm trying to replace it with a Gigabyte 7NF-RZ. However, when I connect it up it emits 1 high beep and then a low beep and then it repeats itself before turning itself off. I've checked and it has the AWARD bios on it but I have no idea what could be wrong. I've replaced the RAM, checked the CPU on another machine, checked the graphics card, checked the Hard drive. All the fans and everything power on but it emits the beeps and then shuts down. Anyone with any ideas would be greatly recieved!

thanks
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

How old is your graphic card? It might be an old AGP1x/2x your new board might not be able to handle properly.
Richski

its an old nvidia card so you could have a point. I'll whack in another one and give it a whirl. I've also been advised to check the seating of my CPU so hopefully this'll fix it.
Richski

nope it was the cpu. i swapped in an amd athlon and it worked fine. the high/low beep indicates a CPU problem so i replaced the whole thing including the heat sink and e voila.