MOBO died, Help Wanted

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
rascard2007
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi! everybody, it´s my very first post.

Well I used to have a PCCHIPS M754LMRT MOBO with PIII 800, 512 MB SDRAM, 2 x 80 GB IDE HDD, FDD, DVD+RW, DVD-ROM, Internal Modem & LifeView TV tuner. It was working really fine till a week ago. My wife turn it off normally and a couple of hours later she tried to turn on again and nothing.

When I cam back from my office I found that PSU, Power led, HDD led & CPU Fan turn on, after a while the HDD led stops and nothing more. no POST beeps, no video signal. I think the mobo is not going through the POST at all. I´d tried the ohter components PSU, CPU, CPU Fan, RAM Sticks, FDD, HDD´s, DVD´s, Keyboard & mouse in other mobos and are of them are working.

I took the mobo out of the case put it in an isolated surface and insert PSU, CPU/Fan & one stick of RAM. I got the same results. I check the capacitors one by one with a 12x magnifying glass and found nothing bad.

Is it possible that the BIOS chip have avaporated or something. someone has any idea??
Noel
Master Flasher

Did you hear any beeps? Did you check the contacts from memory, video card, etc?

Try to assemble only mobo, proc n fan, ram, and vcard. If possible try to use a motherboard post card before you make any step.Whats the end result?
Motherboard saved!
rascard2007
New visitors - please read the rules.

NO BEEPS, I tried the minimal assemble on an isolated surface and the same silence. I´m thinking in a hoflashing of the bios chip in another mobo to see if it solves the problem

I don´t have access to any post card, so this step is imposible for me

Thanks