mobo gone funny

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
Endolaylith
New visitors - please read the rules.

I updated my bios with an auto update software that came with mobo coz i needed to for my new agp vga card. After flash by winflash on auto from auto aquired flash .bin file it reset. then win wont boot and it looks like the wrong damn bios.

I can still boot of my dos boot cd. i tried flashing it with the original bios that i backed up. no such luck awdflash said "unknown flash type !"
i looked for a bios protection setting in cmos but it dont have one. i tried unibios but it just runtime errors all the time. help me.

Things i have learnt
1. get msi not jetway
2. allways update bios manually

model: jetway polaris 400 (dodgy deluxe)

Any ideas on what to do maybe induce boot-block some how?

Please help ineed the pc to finish my course which is due in 1 week :(
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

What messages do you get before win doesn't boot ? Does it look OK otherwise e.g. detect drives, boot diskette etc ? If so, have you tried clearing CMOS/setting BIOS defaults/enabling config(ESCD) update(reset) ?
Does win start to boot then hang - can you F8/whatever and start in safe mode ?
What version of flasher were you using ?
Endolaylith
New visitors - please read the rules.

I tried clearing cmos, no change.
win2k complains with a bluescreen crash 40% into windows boot progress bar. it says "Your computer may not be completely acpi compatible, you require a bios update" blah blah text on about a long gone website.
i can f8 into safe mode but i cant do must in there winflash wont flash in windows safemode. awdflash.exe the one on my motherboards utility page and mobo cd. tried both. then tried latest version then oldest, no change.

Know anywhere i can get a replacement flash rom from?
it's a 1x1com chip :P
Jetway polaris 400 (yes jetway, next time msi)
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

If you can boot from diskette, create a DOS boot diskette from an image at www.bootdisk.com (DR Dos 7 for BIOS flashing). You should be able to run a flasher from that without worrying about trying to invoke bootblock. The diskette/BIOS file must be write enabled, in our experience this won't work from a bootable CD.