need a professional help

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
sparco
New visitors - please read the rules.

can you pls teach me how to reprogram my bios. will an update or upgrade version work? coz a freind told me that i should get the main bios program itself not the update or upgrade version of it & it must be identical. i already visited the manufacturers site, i only find the update version(.bin file) & already posted my concerns but nothing seems to bother. The thing is i can't boot from my motherboard so i need to get/find a working identical bios to be able to copy/rewrite it to my non-working bios that is placed on my soltek sl-54u5 motherboard. is there other way to fix this problem? is the .bin file the main porgram itself? is the update/upgrade version of bios has the complete program or it's just like a patch? pls. help me understand. it will be nice of you if you send me a copy of this said bios program or where to find it. and if you can pls help me do this methodically. tnx. :)
Denniss
BIOS Guru

The .bin file is always a complete Bios-image and not only parts of a complete image

If your Bios/mainboard is not working anymore you have to contact a Bios programming service company like www.badflash.com or use the Hot-Swap method using a second computer to program your Flashrom
sparco
New visitors - please read the rules.

you mean to say that the update/upgrade version of .bin file is actually the main(whole) image/program itself? because i thought that update/upgrade versions of this bios is only a new set of codes/programs/files to be added to the existing old bios, like a patch file. am i correct?
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

sparco wrote:you mean to say that the update/upgrade version of .bin file is actually the main(whole) image/program itself?
Yes.
because i thought that update/upgrade versions of this bios is only a new set of codes/programs/files to be added to the existing old bios, like a patch file. am i correct?
No.