P4VMM2 Syntax Motherboard Dead after BIOS Change-Cannot clea

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
basic15
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have been trying to setup bios for ddr instead of sdram and I must have saved BIOS settings with problem, Immediatly and thereafter, Computer fans start for a part of turn and stop, Motherboard dead. I have tried to clear the BIOS by changing jumper to 2-3 and removing the battery, even removed battery overnight and I cannot clear the bios. (The motherboard manual says that all you need is to move the jumper. It does not even mention removing battery.)

I have the old sdram installed and the BIOS worked before I did the Save. :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
cp
BIOS Guru

did you switch off the power supply or disconnected it properly (pulled the plug)? otherwise the mainboard will be powered by the standby voltage.
Noel
Master Flasher

Do you mean the cpu fan turn only a little then stopped? P4VMM2 has many jumpers to consider even switching sdr to ddr and vice versa. Please elaborate.
Motherboard saved!
basic15
New visitors - please read the rules.

Yes, I did disconnect the power cord and push the front Power Button to clear all power from board. When I had the problem, I had not changed any switches on MB and the old SDRAM was reinstalled. I had been able to boot just before I saved the BIOS. I do not know what might have changed in BIOS. I was looking at settings inorder to change to DDR, but I had not changed anything at the point of failure.

As for the fans, they just move enough to know that they get a very short burst of power.
Noel
Master Flasher

well, i think you have to check your VRM circuit first before doing your next plan. I suspect one or more MOSFET are bad. Check it out first why there is only a "very short burst of power" then stoppped.
Motherboard saved!