HP Pavilion BIOS Screwed Up, Can I Re-flash with Programmer?

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
Frisky
New visitors - please read the rules.

I used UniFlash to flash a BIOS on a HP Pavilion 6360 desktop system. I really screwed up the flash BIOS. The machine has a WinBond 29C020, 256 KByte flash chip with a Phoenix BIOS. The mobo is an ASUS but OEM for HP. There is no boot block disaster recovery mechanism and I'm not risking another machine to hot-swap.

Here's My Question:
I saved a backup of the original contents of the flash before corrupting the BIOS. Its in a BACKUP.BIN file and exactly 256 KBytes in size. If I burn the binary contents of the BACKUP.BIN file back to the flash chip with an external device programmer, and the device verifies OK, should the system function again or are there details I'm missing like byte order or something?

If for some reason someone would want to examine the backup BIOS files, they're here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/111034108/H ... s.zip.html
cp
BIOS Guru

If I burn the binary contents of the BACKUP.BIN file back to the flash chip with an external device programmer, and the device verifies OK, should the system function again
yes.

or are there details I'm missing like byte order or something?
no.
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
Frisky
New visitors - please read the rules.

OK, I got the machine working again. I sent a CD with the backup .img file I made before I screwed up the BIOS along with the flash chip to a guy in Chicago. He offers the service on eBay but I contacted him directly to cut them out of the deal. He re-flashed it. Machine works just fine again.

If anyone else is interested, he charges $10 to re-flash a chip if you send it to him. You can either send him the BIOS file or he will try to locate one to match your motherboard. His email is: angelb@poczta.onet.pl (He's a Polish immigrant so he seems to still use a .pl address but he is located in Chicago.)

I was lucky I made a backup of the BIOS with UniFlash before I started dicking with it. Otherwise the machine would have been a 20 pound paperweight. Lesson learned: Always make a backup.