Pegatron M2N78-LA BIOS Update FAILED

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
armymen
New visitors - please read the rules.

hi
i have a buddy he have a Pegatron M2N78-LA and he say he update is bios, during the update is computer froze.
So is there a way to reinstall is bios ?
in from a HP computer pavilion p6122f

thanks guy
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Motheboard dead or does it stil beep/blink or show other signs of life ?
dsalvio

I have exactly the same problem. My MB is PEGATRON M2N78-LA and it comes from a HP Desktop 6025fr.
I do not succeed to find how I can reflash the bios into this board.
I downloaded from HP web site the bios exe file, I extract the V5.29 bios file from it, then I installed a floppy disk on the motheboard and tried with AFUDOS and autoexec.bat command or directly by renaming bios file in AFUBOOT.ROM.
But it doesn't work. There is a permanent access to floppy drive with a repetitive series of 3 beeps but the bios is not reflashed.
What is wrong ? What can I do ?
Deimus

Hi,

I have the same issue... HP application tried to update my BIOS on p6210y model but the computer froze, now I cant access, I get 2 beeps and no video or anything.

I've tried to flash it again using a floppy disk and renaming the boot file to AMIBOOT.ROM (this is a M2N78-LA Motherboard AMI BIOS), tried the 3 or 4 files that I found around, but with all of them, the computer starts reading the floppy and after 15 seconds or so, I start to get now 3 beeps, what does this mean? I've read it can be either that there is a bad memory or that its asking me for "insert the next volume".

I've both switched the RAM sticks, removed one of them and they are ALL GOOD... if its asking me to insert next volume, where do I get this? I just have one file of around 1mb for flashing it.

I'm losing my mind, I hope someone can help with this issue, which I can assure it's happening A LOT because of that HP advisor. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!