No Post or Beeps

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
Phill Power
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi to 1 & all,

MB-MS-6775 ver1.00/AMIBIOS-686-1999 SH44 2557
I seem to have a problem similar to a lot of others ie black screen, all fans & drives working etc mine came about after upgrading my agp graphics, the HD 2400 pro 512 sapphire was stuttering when i was playing 3D games so i followed the manuals instructions to try & improve system performance! the changes made were as follow: set internal cache to enabled/set bios cacheable to enabled/set 32k shadow to enabled/set fast command to ultra/set fast R2R turnaround to enabled/set agp to fast write enabled & the aperture to 256 so far so good! I then changed the graphics from pci to agp & there was a click & the monitor went black, ive tried stripping down to bare bones etc but still no beeps or posting i also changed the psu from 250 to 500 watts, unfortunately my mb is a bit of an enigma so its hard to find decent info on it, i think the amibios chip is the soldered type, is there any hope or is the board dead? any advice would be greatly appreciated im ok at building systems but bios is out of my league, many thanks
cp
BIOS Guru

clear the cmos to recover your board. there's a jumper on the board. if it's not there you can remove the battery for a minute and put it back in afterwards.
load performance settings once the board comes up again. if you REALLY need more 3D gaming power don't play around with BIOS settings. simply buy faster hardware. the reason is simple: if will not get noticeable speedups with BIOS tweaks.
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
Phill Power

Thanks for the reply CP, i have tried clearing the cmos by moving the jumper to 2&3 then returned it back to 1&2 & also tried two new cmos batteries but still no luck, i am all out of ideas & would appreciate any other suggestions thanks
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

somehow this sounds like a badcaps problem. after the system cooled down, were you able to get it to boot again?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
Phill Power

The system has not posted since the problem 1st occurred/all the caps look fine with no bulging or discolouration,