Problems after 2nd bios flash, 1st one failed but restored

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
snoozin_17
New visitors - please read the rules.

Mobo is an original Asus AV8. 2gig of ram. No prior problems since
My main goal was to flash the bios for boot to usb support.

1st try: Started with 0216 f/w as Orig. Bios Firmware. Everything worked fine for long time. NO hardware changes or problems. (just wanted to boot to usb with this old bios)

Booted up a dos floppy with the latest f/ware (0229). Flashed sucessfully (no errs.) Using AFUDOS boot floppy. Reboot. Got Error
"USB over current status detected shutdown in 15 secs."

Couldn't boot anything. Had to use easyflash (alt+f2). Put in my orignal mobo cd (with older bios on it 0216.
It read then flashed it.
ALL worked, xp booted.

2nd Attempt. Used different flashing method (from windows) used bios update utility. (all background app closed. Nothing running. Used f/w 0228 Successful flash. PC Advised to reboot. Reboot.

Same problem as before with a twist. Cmos Checksum Bad then "USB over current status detected shutdown in 15 secs."

Did what I did before to restore bios to normal. Went into EasyFlash with the old asus oem cd.
Reads AV8B.ROM then says:
Error, This BIOS IS TOO OLD, MAYBE ITS COMPATIBLE WITH THIS MB. then nothing happens.

Tried ezflash with floppy with 0228. reads/flash/programs it all good reboots, same errors.

Burnt a cd with 0219 named as A8VB.ROM (only reads that file), tried it w/easyflash.it does not recognise file AV8B.ROM but reads cd.

I don't know what to do. Everything was just working, now its all a mess. I got my backup floppy but its named wrong and easyflash wont recognise it. Only have 1 pc w/floppy drive. Can't easily rename file to reflash.

I have a another floppy w/ new f/w, 0228. EzFlash read its and flashes then programs it. sais to reboot, then i get the same errors. I dont think this is hardware related.

Any questions. Any answer is really appreciated.

Any recommendations?
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Remove the power cord from your PSUI. press the power button at least twice to unload capacitors in your PSU and mainboard. Then use the jumper to clear CMOS (read the manual how to do this).
Restore the system to working condition, remove all not needed USB devices.
Try to enter Bios to load setup or performance defaults.

If you use Floppy disks to update Bios please make sure you only use freshly and fully formatted disks.