Recovery flash, Floppy LED on, but is it working?

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
jot2b
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi, this is my first post and BIOS disaster!

The motherboard is an old m55hi version "a" Micron, and I have a strange impluse to save this poor soul after flashing the wrong bios. I've chronicled the adventure in a another forum, though the best I've gotten were one or two "you're screwed" responses: http://www.computing.net/dos/wwwboard/forum/15596.html

Wims is the champion so far. I would never have guessed to drag out an old ISA card with floppy connector if I hadn't read the FAQ.

But when I booted, the floppy LED turned on, and... and... and stayed on. Wait, it's still on, it's been on for over an hour, and it doesn't sound like it's doing anything. I've got the correct BIOS version and everything on the bootdisk. What's the next step? Create a better bootdisk?

Reading through other threads on this board really gives me hope. I'd hate to have to go back to ebay. Thanks and best regards, ~j
lucske74
Chip off the ol' block

Is your data cable on the floppy good ! The red mark must be near on the side of the power cable .
jot2b
New visitors - please read the rules.

thanks for the response lucske74! I've checked the cable, and it is OK.

any other ideas?
lucske74
Chip off the ol' block

Remove your soundcard and start the pc again , what's do it now !
read this http://www.bios-drivers.com/drivers/1/1206.htm
I am not sur witch bios version you try .
KachiWachi
The New Guy

lucske74 - on a floppy, pin one is not the one closest to the power connector...at least on the floppy drives I have.

It is the one closest to the power connector on a HDD however...

Bottom line...check for markings or keyways before powering up your hardware!
lucske74
Chip off the ol' block

You are right , the red mark is on the other site of the the data cable .
I know when you turn the data cable , then the light stay on always of the floppy disk, so I thought that he maybe turn the data cable.