SUCCESS!!! Thank you Wimsbios!

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
mixter
New visitors - please read the rules.

I flashed the wrong BIOS thanks to ECS and Outpost.com. The box and the order stated it was a version 8c board but it's a version 6. Oh well...

So if I understand the FAQ, I add the Award Flash utiilty to the AUTOEXEC.bat file on the boot floppy along with the correct BIOS.
What do I need to do at that point?

For the record...The BIOS chip is soldered onto the board so replacement isn't an option.

TIA!
Last edited by mixter on Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Just boot the PC with the floppy in it, but you'll have to make sure you do have floppy access (bootblock is still intact).
mixter

I do have that but now I'm stuck trying to figure out where and how to add that AUTOEXEC.bat thing. I was originally using a bootdisc created on an XP sys, then found an old W98 SE floppy. but couldn't find the AUTOEXEC.BAT file anywhere on either. Where will I find that or should I dl another proggie?
Any guidance?

Thanks for the reply!
KachiWachi
The New Guy

Just write your own with any simple text editor, and name the file AUTOEXEC.BAT. That's all there is to it.
mixter

Thanks!
I love simple!
I'll get to it later today and let ya know the outcome.

Thanks once again.
mixter

I got it!!!!
Thank you so much to this excellent Forum!
I am absolutely amazed.

I used Uniflash and the first couple tries didn't work but I followed the instructions and used some common sense. What a sweet sight to see that thing flashing. and then successfully rebooting.