Syntax SV400 Award BootLock and BIOS

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
UzY3L
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello!
I have a problem with a PC. It has a Syntax SV400 rev. 1.0 motherboard. It's kinda old but the specs aren't so bad. A friend of mine asked me to fix it for him.
Here's the problem : As you push the power button a screen comes up with the following:
Award BootLocker v1.0
BIOS ROM checksum error
INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

Syntax's website is dead for some time now so I went to driverguide.c o m and got a new bios. Got the Award Flash Utility (awd822a.exe) and a Windows98 Start-up Disk and I tried flashing the BIOS. The file I got from driverguide.c o m is called 4003210.BIN
I booted from the floppy. It worked. I started the awd822a.exe and entered the BIOS filename (4003210.BIN). It says : "Please wait!" so I wait and then the progress bar comes up but it doesn't do anything. The system stops reading from the floppy and it doesn't respond to any more commands except the reset button. And if I reset it, the BIOS has not been flashed seeing as after the reset I still get the BIOS ROM checksum error message.
I would be very grateful if someone could help me so please tell me how can I fix it?
Thanks!
Love&Peace!
maxim
BIOS Newbie

Here is another download web, but you might need a Chinese guy to help you get it.
the website is mydrivers dot com

I have found your BIOS, but the forum doesn't allow me to post the link, because I am a new member.
UzY3L
New visitors - please read the rules.

Thank you very much, but I solved the problem. Turns out it was a series of bad luck, namely a whole series of bad floppy disks. Every single disk that I had was bad so I bought a new set and it worked beautifully! I was very surprised!
Note to anyone else who has this problem. The BIOS for the Syntax SV400 is actually the BIOS from the SV400A. I've tried flashing the BIOS with the SV400.ROM and the system locked up so use the SV400A BIOS. They both have the same filename so make sure you download the SV400A BIOS ;)
Thanks for the help, maxim!
Love&Peace!
maxim
BIOS Newbie

If others flashed SV400 with SV400A, and failed and cried, you are responsible to fix them. :D