System Halts on "Building DMI Pool"

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
Sridge
New visitors - please read the rules.

My computer crashed while in use and when I went to reboot, it halted on "Building DMI Pool". I have a SOYO K7-VTA Pro Ver1.2 Motherboard with an Athlon 1.2 CPU. I believe the BIOS is Award. I have not added any new hard or software. The computer was working fine before this happened. I've tried resetting the CMOS, checked all of my cable connections. Memory tests good and has been reseated. Also appears that my HDD's are recognized. I've looked around the internet and it seems that anything could be wrong! What should I do next? I'm stumped. Bad power supply, CPU, etc......where to start? Thanks!!!!
Sridge
New visitors - please read the rules.

I can't flash the BIOS. Can't get a prompt. I've disconnected everything except vid card and floppy. I've tried switching CPUS, RAM, etc. Swapped power supplies, cleared CMOS and even put in a new battery 'cause the old one was shot. I'm thinking that the MB is bad. Maybe bad caps? Although, I don't see any that appear visually bad. Any comments or suggestions? I started using the board late Dec 2001.