Uh-Oh...I think i killed it

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
LeHoTheToad
New visitors - please read the rules.

Well, I don't think the mobo's dead (yet), but if i don't get some BIOS help it probably wont take long :( . Here's my situation; I purchased all my components via the internet to build a PC with my son this Christmas. Everything went fine yesterday (populated the motherboard, installed everything, made all the connections, installed Windows XP along with some other software). It was a thing of beauty. Then I woke up this morning and decided to go into the BIOS setup and make some changes (bad idea). Here are the components followed by what changes I made in the BIOS. Hopefully someone will be able to help me out.
+ MSI K7N2 Delta 2 (nForce 2) LSR mohterboard
+ AMD Athlon XP 2700+ CPU (retail w/heatsink and fan)
+ Rosewill 512 MB DDR PC 3200 RAM
+ CHAINTECH nVIDIA GeForce FX5500 Video Card

I remember changing 3 things in the BIOS. I disabled the seek floppy command (we didn't install one, we installed a DVD/CD burner instead). I changed the sleep state to auto and I adjusted the CPU FSB frequency. It was at 166MHz and I changed it to 200MHz. I saved after each change I made and it was after the final one that I lost everything...screen went black. I removed the battery from the motherboard after i attemted to reboot my computer a few times and getting no response. I replaced it and it booted fine (including looking for the floppy once again). I powered the computer down and attemted rebooting it again but nothing happened :x . I removed the battery again but this time it didn't help. If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

P.S. - I sent a request to MSI for help, outlining the problem as best I could, but I don't know when I will hear back from them.
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Either try using the clear CMOS jumper, or repeat the battery extraction routine but this time unplug the power cable and hit the power button a couple of times to drain the board dry... Then, after a while, put everything back in its place and boot.
LeHoTheToad
New visitors - please read the rules.

Thanks ajzchips. I tried the clear CMOS jumper (again) and the battery removal (again). Nothing worked. Im going to give it one more shot. I wonder if MSI sells BIOS chips?
ruelnov
Master Flasher

I don't believe the BIOS image could get corrupted by making such changes in CMOS settings.
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

I have taken out a batttery and completed removed the clear CMOS jumper, and have had to let someone let the board sit like this overnight once before they got a display back. Then it was fine again.
lucske74
Chip off the ol' block

Is there on the board a jumper that you can set on safe mode !
Place this jumper in safe mode , then start the pc and try to setup the bios again and set the FSB back to 166 mhz