Totem

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
argh
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello everyone,

I have a totem TM-BXAT370 ver 1.0 socket 370(sticker on isa slot says TM-BXATVA370), that will not post or beep and no award boot block. Totem does not seem to support this board at their website and I cannot find a bios anywhere. It looks identical to the TM-VA370AT but the bios will not work. It does boot off of the TM-BXATVA P2 bios but don't know if it will work in the long run. Can anyone help me find a bios file or should I just try the P2 bios? Any help would be appreciated.

TIA,

argh
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

What chips does your board have? Is there a Winbond chip on the board or an ITE one?

It is possible they are using the same bios for an AT and an ATX model of this board.
argh

Hi Edwin, thanks for your reply.

There is a Windbond W83977TF-AW chip. The chipset is VIA. One has a heat sink so I can't get the number and the other is a VT82C596. The BIOS chip is a SST. I loaded Windows and it seems to be running o.k. even though the BIOS is for a slot 1 board. I've only ran it for a short time though.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

It should. The bios is for the same chipset and the same I/O chip. It looks to me they are using the same bios for both the AT and the ATX variant of the board.

2A6LGTJB: Totem TM-BXATVA or TM-VA370AT

info taken from wimsbios main page, manufacturers links, T, totem
argh

The bxatva bios works so far even though it supports 3 dimm and my board has only 2. I did manage to get the va370at bios to work (it looks identical to my board) but Windows keeps locking up while it is loading. I guess I'll use the bxatva bios for now as the 3rd dimm support doesn't seem to affect it.

Thanks for your help

argh