Unique Problem: MB Dead after BIOS Update

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
MilenkoD
New visitors - please read the rules.

I attempted to update the AWARD BIOS on a old ECS L7MM2 motherboard (eMachines) that I wanted to use as a home back-up server. After updating the BIOS with the included Windows Flash utility and BIN file downloaded from ECS, the motherboard will not POST upon start-up.

After flashing, I come to find that the same board, with the same model number and same rev number came with two difference clock generators: ICS and RealTek. Not knowing, I flashed my BIOS (mine = RealTek C/G) with the version intended for ICS C/G.

The motherboard does get power, the HDD does spin-up but no video screen, POST beep or floppy seek. Is this motherboard trashed?
Sharedoc
Notebook Genius

Check if the bios chip is on socket. If yes, then you can have it reprogrammed. If not, then go get a fresh motherboard...
MilenkoD
New visitors - please read the rules.

Sharedoc wrote:Check if the bios chip is on socket. If yes, then you can have it reprogrammed. If not, then go get a fresh motherboard...
Yes, the BIOS chip is surface-mounted. I've concluded that there's nothing I can do. I need to just throw it out.