video problem after flash

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
newguy20
New visitors - please read the rules.

I flashed a old compaq s6000nx bios. I got it from compaq's website and the motherboard is a ms-6577. It was a exe file. I ran it and it said it flashed the bios with no issues. I then rebooted because it told me to. After the reboot I get the video card splash and then the motherboard intel splash telling me the bios version. After that I then get a screen with a ton of different colored squars all over the screen with different characters in them. This is as far as my pc boots.

I can get into the bios and change settings. It all looks fine to me. I am using a pci video card instread of my onboard one.

Any help would be great!
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Try removing the card and boot with the onboard video first. If that works check the bios setting for what the board is using as initial video adapter (onboard or PCI) and change to PCI first. Save and exit, power down, put card back in.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
newguy20
New visitors - please read the rules.

After a lot of messing around I found that it was the mouse that is causing this. If I unplug the mouse during bootup the pc boots just fine. then after bootup I plug the mouse in and it works. any idea why all the sudden I can boot with my usb mouse plugged in?