wierd mobo prob....

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
organic_matter
New visitors - please read the rules.

intel d94gz series
P4 3.2 GHZ 2mb cache
1gb ddr2 667

when i boot the board the fans boot, the optical boots, the hdd boots.

But there is no i\o, none, no video, no ps2, no usb. But i dont get a no signal on the screen, and no beeps.

I have sent the board to intel and they sent it back said it worked fine, and it did until it went to sleep and when i woke it up the ps2 went thin i booted and the video went. i pulled the board out of he case and put in a test environment and still no response. Also the power pin connector i use in my test environment dosnt light up like it would under normal circumstances.
j_saade25
BIOS Newbie

There must be something wrong with your RAMs or VGA card (or maybe CPU but usually in this case the fans or HD wont start, so most prbably your CPU is fine).

First, remove any unnecessary card from the motherboard, (including USB devices)

Remove the VGA card and power up. If you see your hard disk LED lighting up and seems to be loading Windows, then your motherboard is fine and it is a VGA issue.
Try the same with your RAMs. If you got 1 stick, remove it and take another from a friend just temporarily to try.

If it still doesn't work for you. take your motherboard and power supply out of your case and put them on some table, connect a power button to the appropriate pins and retry the above. (because the case sometimes can cause short-circuit and prevent the board from booting, and sometimes it could cause damage. This happenned with me once).

Hope this helps.
organic_matter

already did that..,.. and no sucsess i think it was shock to the area just west of the N chipset because there is a darkend spot i hate intel CS just for the record......
j_saade25
BIOS Newbie

are you sre that your power supply cables/voltages are fine? any voltage drop can cause your problem.
organic_matter

tried with lots of psu 400W-550W and no go... thought was over heated chipset heat sink because it booted at 0500 this mornig (had not had any sleep trying to make this work) but looked up shortly after and back to the same old stuuf don't get it why would it boot and then not work after that GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR