winbook won't boot

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
cosjohn
New visitors - please read the rules.

HI
My winbook xl 233 mhz won't boot up. I had some trouble reading the c drive, so I cut all power, pulled it out and cleaned it with electronics cleaner. When I put it back in, I couldn't boot up. When I power up, the start lights flash, I hear the c: start running, the processer gets warm, but that's it. No monitor, no bios code, no cd rom, it doesn't scan the a: Nothing happens. I tried to reset the cmos by removing the jumper on j
19, powering up, shutting down and replacing the jumper, but it didn't help. Can anyone help me? Should I junk the laptop?

John
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

which electric cleaner did you use and how much time did you allow the laptop to dry?
cosjohn

edwin wrote:which electric cleaner did you use and how much time did you allow the laptop to dry?
The product is called Imperial pro circuit board cleaner. It contains dichlorofluoroethane, co2 and isopropanol. I did spray some on the motherboard near j19 and the battery (which is soldered to the motherboard).

John
cosjohn

cosjohn wrote:
edwin wrote:which electric cleaner did you use and how much time did you allow the laptop to dry?
The product is called Imperial pro circuit board cleaner. It contains dichlorofluoroethane, co2 and isopropanol. I did spray some on the motherboard near j19 and the battery (which is soldered to the motherboard).

I gave it about 3-5 min. to dry.

John