PC Wont POST after BIOS changes

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
JasonL
New visitors - please read the rules.

So I bought a brand new Asus A7N8X Deluxe mobo just a few days ago. Built the PC, turned it on and everything seemed to be working fine. however here is where I run into the problem. When I enter the BIOS setup and attempt to change any setting, even the time, the machine will not even run POST until I reset the CMOS again back to defaults. This happens no matter what setting I change and it happens every time. Otherwise the board seems to work fine, I have a Wester Digital SATA Raptor drive with Windows XP Pro and it will boot the OS. Any ideas before I end up doing an RMA? I purches the board from newegg.com (where I buy all my equipment) so I dont think they would send me a bad item.
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

If you disconnect the HD, does it enter setup and POST OK ?
JasonL

Ok, I disconnected the HD (both SATA and IDE) - no change. I reset the jumper with all power completel off, I intsalled a new battery, nothing seems to work.
soupy
Absentee administrator

Try replacing the onboard battery with a better brand.
http://www.maximumoc.com/guides/a7n8x_modding.html
Flash your BIOS at your own risk.
JasonL

Well, after a few hours of diagnostics and tests, I have come to the conclusion that the board will have to be replaced. I am sending it in via RMA tommorrow. Thank you for the help - it's appreciated