Wrong bios problem (Asus P4PE)

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
lilfurson
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello
I flashed the improper bios to my bios chip on my motherboard. I flashed bios for the asus p4pe-xs motherboard instead of the regular asus p4pe. This was the first problem. So i created a boot disc and in autoexec.bat i put aflash p4pe1007.awd which is the correct bios for my motherboard. I unpluged everything from the motherboard except the floppy drive and rebooted. The floppy disc was read so i thought that it may have updated the bios correctly since when i reboot and take the disc out i get bios beep codes saying there is no video card. If i plug the video card in and turn on, the system turns on but nothing happens, no beeps, nothing on the screen. Anyone have any ideas? Just looking for some more suggestions. I have found a person who will write the correct bios on the chip but if that is what i have done already i don't see how it can help. Once again just looking for anything to try. I have a new mobo coming this week. Thanks

Christopher
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Tried clearing CMOS?
lilfurson
New visitors - please read the rules.

ajzchips wrote:Tried clearing CMOS?
I took out the battery and waited a minute or two and put it back in. Just to make sure i tried flashing the bios again, setting the bios back to defaults using the jumper and taking the battery out. Still nothing. If i don't put the video card in i get 1 long and then 2 short beeps and if i wait for a little while it does 2 lower sounding noises (kinda like duh..duh). If i put the video card in i get nothing, i've tried multiple working video cards
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Now... there's no guarantee that it has been correctly boot-block flashed...
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

Try unplugging all external cables (to the case) and work up from there, maybe starting with video, keyboard, mouse, etc, but one at a time. I recently had a new but faulty Asus board that would not initialise the video when the keyboard was plugged in - tried different keyboards, the keyboard was fine, but the port wasn't..........