wrong mobo upgrade.

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
Dr_Woo
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hey all,

After extensive research on these forums I have decided to post my problem as I have not found a clear answer yet. After reading that my Sony Vaio with a p4s533vl mobo would be fine to upgrade with the p4s533vm upgrade, I do so. Computer reboots, I enter bios put everything to default, load again, and I get "Floppy disk(s) fail (C0)". Apparently i cannot get to my old bios, but i have saved it on my boot disk, and i have taken out the battery and reset settings. It reset the time and all, but it did not reset the bios.....which is what is wrong in the first place. I checked all settings again, made sure that floppy checking was enabled, and it was first in line to boot. I would try to short the chip, but I do not know how to find the right two pins (highest addressed ones from what i read). My chip is integrated so i cannot reprogam or "hot swap" it. I am really running out of options here, and the last thing i wanna hear is that i have to replace my mobo. Just when i got GTR to work too........

edit: I forgot to tell you that my cd drives are detected, so if there is anyway to use those, please share.
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

You can flash from your HDD...
Dr_Woo

Ok good news, sort of....I got my flash program to open up using a cd. When i try to load the bios though, it starts programming, and then gives me this message "Error -- Data compare failure". Any idea why this is happening?
Dr_Woo

I also tried doing this in caldera DOS with uniflash. When caldera loads though, i cannot load anything from A: drive, and i should also be able to enter Z: drive. When i type in the command Z: it tells me invalid drive. I tried with all letters, to try to find where my program is, and only B: works. When I type in dir, the same files as the A: drive show up, and no bin file to load, or uniflash. Is there some way to enable the other drive where my files are, or some special command to take me there? I got the instructions from here: http://www.biosflash.com/e/bios-boot-cd.htm And sorry if posting other sites is not allowed on this forum.
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Have you really tried flashing from the HDD? Check whether the BIOS file is read-only.
Dr_Woo

How can you flash from HDD?

I am so close to fixing this, that i can almost taste it......What does ESCD mean? Also i tried doing this with uniflash, and no luck again. It says verifying data failed. I am wondering, it tells me that the checksum of the rom is 7fga, but in nero under advanced options it gives some 4 digit "hex" number (sorry didn't really look at what the option is named), and it is not the same. It is like 07g0 or something of that sort. Would changing that have any effect on the bios load?