Search found 5 matches

by mragjr
Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:14 am
Forum: General BIOS Questions
Topic: can't install USB2 card-bios problem?
Replies: 9
Views: 5110

IS bios the problem?

It's an Abit Kt7a Raid with Via chipset. I'm still trying to write down the bios number...it does say "Award" and it seems the date is 12/15/2000. An immediate question is, the bios currently has in the PnP area the OS set to "disabled" which I understand is the "correct" setting and allows the bios...
by mragjr
Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:25 am

chipset drivers not a fix

This is an update on the problem. Downloaded and installed latest Hyperian (Via 4in1) drivers. Also installed Via USB patch. Same problem: after installing USB wireless software and adapter (either a netgear OR a microsoft one) I can see adapter connected to router, but as soon as I try to go to a w...
by mragjr
Mon Mar 31, 2003 2:48 pm

Via Chip Set

I did download the via-4in1-v440v(a)p3.zip file back in July 02 and installed those-it didn't seem to help. But based on your question, I just went back to Via http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=2 and see they now have a "Hyperion 4in1" set. They also have what appear as "patches" for USB and although ...
by mragjr
Sun Mar 30, 2003 10:47 pm

can't install USB2 card-bios problem?

I'm new to this Board and in a way sort of hope I'm quickly gone. This Bios stuff scares me, but I'm at wits end. Two years ago, local pc shop assembled unit for me: WinMe, Athlon 1 Gig, two 30 GB HD in Raid, 512 RAM, DVD, CD-RW. Award bios and I believe KT7A board, via chip set. I added IEEE1394 ca...