Search found 9 matches

by newbieb
Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:07 am
Forum: What is my motherboard?
Topic: Need help finding Flash file (.bin) for Award BIOS
Replies: 19
Views: 8707

On the top of my motherboard it is written 'P6LX3'. And my mother board is a Winbond. Anything I need to know. I hope I had bought a good one when I did 5-6 years back. I really didn't know much about computers back then and I had another person buy the components and assemble it for me.
by newbieb
Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:17 pm

Flashed. I have updated my BIOS successfully and guess I can use Hard disks upto 128gb (Need to buy one now) :). Thanks.

I also added a pic of mine as the startup logo.
by newbieb
Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:06 pm

edwin wrote:patched version sent.
Got it :). Shall I go ahead with the flash. Anything I need to know before I do it. Wish me luck :)
by newbieb
Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:17 pm

edwin wrote:as said earlier, make a backup of your current bios with awdflash or uniflash and send it to edwin@wimsbios.com
Oops completely slipped my mind. Have mailed it to you.
by newbieb
Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:04 pm

OK, this is probably a stupid question but, can I flash any 440lx3 related file or does it have to be 100% motherboard specific. It is going to be very difficult to find one for mine :(.
by newbieb
Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:35 pm

Hey thanks for pointing out the link aj. But are you sure, (if everything goes well) the 440lx3 bin files available for download will update my bios properly. I really don't want to take a big chance
by newbieb
Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:40 pm

I have the following info from various programs. Hope it's enough :) And yeah, I know I have a really old mother board and that too, from a not so famous company. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Program: eSupport.com BIOS Detect v1.2 July 21, 2003 BIOS D...
by newbieb
Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:44 pm

Need help finding Flash file (.bin) for Award BIOS

I have an Award Bios v4.51. The ID that shows in the boot up screen is 'xx/xx/98-i440LX-19980216C-00' (I forgot the date). I want to update my BIOS, but cannot find the flash file for the same. The Award website is not exactly helpful and Phoenix doesn't offer support for Award Bios updates. Please ...