Search found 5 matches

by nickbrown
Wed Jul 31, 2002 7:39 pm
Forum: Video (VGA) and other BIOS/Firmware
Topic: Shuttle MV25N fuzzy video
Replies: 8
Views: 5716

SiS 6236

It looks like I can get them to provide a SiS 6236 PCI card for each PC. At least, the salesperson wants to do this. She has to persuade her boss, but at about $20 per card plus a couple of days for a technician to install them, I don't think it's much to pay to get the invoice signed :) Of course, ...
by nickbrown
Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:16 pm

Re: Shuttle MV25N fuzzy video

It sounds more like a hardware problem, either a bad batch of components or poor design. Either way I would leave the problem with Tulip, and if they have no ideas just return the lot as "unfit for purpose". I've been through that 10 years ago with another manufacturer - they sent an engineer to si...
by nickbrown
Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:13 pm

Answers

[quote="soupy"]All 250? What a nightmare. >1. Is the display clear during POST? I can't tell ! The problem is most visible with small black characters on a white background, as in Windoze. >2. Do you have the latest BIOS? Yes >3. Do you have the latest video drivers? Yes, three versions for NT, two ...
by nickbrown
Tue Jul 30, 2002 7:24 pm

Shuttle MV25N fuzzy video

Help ! We have bought 250 PCs with the Shuttle MV25N board, from Tulip, and they can't seem to find a solution to this problem. The display is rather "fuzzy". Each character seems to have a "shadow" to its right. This happens identically on every machine in the series, so we don't think it's a compo...