HP 2000-2b09WM Corrupted Bios (Urgent Help Needed)

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
HCL.
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi Everyone:

Finally reaching this forums, where, apparently, tough people are on the tab. Here is my little story.

After allowing for official BIOS updates that can be accessed using HP update utility, the computer restarted. And then it started to give 2 LED with black screen (according to HP this is corrupted bios)

Here is my HP model

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/prev ... 2&sw_lang=

The problem is that I failed to do Key combination trick available on HP official site. And even using flash USB update does not seems to be working. Using the last method and decided to reach the motherboard ROM and to use jumper for Update using the available BIOS files from HP site. However, the size of the motherboard ROM is 4MB and the files on HP site are about 4.5MB which does not fit.

I need help on the issue. And my initial thought will guide me of two last possible solutions

1- I need some really tough guy to give me step by step guide on how I can make the flash USB trick work fine. Knowing that I already made my flash ready with HP tool. What are the files that should be dumped into the USB and the renaming process for my exact model ? (P.S: Phoenix tool does not work with this latter version of BIOS and it fails to produce

2- I need someone to give me the original files available from the same model so that I can use the jumper to re-flash to the original BIOS update files. (Size should be 4MB and not above 4.2 MB)

Appreciate any feedback.
And I apologize for any humble skills in describing the issue. I am new to this.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Given the fact that you followed their official guidelines and the normal recovery routine does not work I suggest you go to the nearest HP service center and have them solve the problem as I think this system is still inside warranty.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
HCL.

well, I currently live in a middle-eastern country where no HP center is available at all......... In addition to that, I can not even ship the Notebook due to the civil war status of the country I live in. I only believe that I have to deal with this problem myself. So much in need for some procedure out of this nightmare. I came to this site after hours of hours of reading about BIOS and so on. Appreciate any small hint for a solution.
HCL.

Please Mr.Edwin you are gonna have to help me. It is so desperate now. Do you recommend hot swapping for the BIOS chip ? Or shall I wait for the same Motherboard to extract bin file from it giving the fact that ......

Please looking for help. It is just corrupted bios, it should not that hard to deal with. :(
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

I'll have to see if I can find what recovery procedure is needed for this specific laptop.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

Bios-Chip24com

It's impossible to repair this Bios without the original Bios file.
The Bios file from HP website is a another format.
HCL.

And after finding the original BIOS file (if being found, tried a lot with no hope) what should be the next step ?

Can we simply put the original BIOS file into USB and boot using it or shall we consider disassembly ?
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

You need to remember to format the USB stick in FAT16 format (which means the maximum size for it will be 2GB partition) and to rename the .fd file to .bin after copying.

http://www.fclose.com/tutorial/3022/hp- ... -flashing/
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

HCL.

Well in general, it did not work so far. After almost countless attempts. And here is a summary of what I did.

Downloaded the original files from HP site for bios update. There are currently two F.25 & F.34

F.25 and after extraction will give you the following files
----
0188b.fd
02128.fd
FlsHook
FlsHook
FlsHookDll.dll
FWUpdLcl
InsydeFlash
InsydeFlash
InsydeFlashDriver
iscflash.dll
iscflash.sys
iscflashx64.sys
platform
xerces-c_2_7.dll
----

F.34 After extraction will almost give identical files expect one of them missing. However, the only missing file from F.34 is the 02128.fd , the F.34 will also give 0188b.fd but it will be automatically renamed to 0188b.bin

----

I took my 2GB USB and using windows 7 I formatted it and change the value FAT 32 to FAT ( I read that FAT is the same as FAT 16) After that I renamed the 0.188b.fd to bin directly to the root file of USB. When you start the computer with the flash on it, it will start to read from the USB I can see that, this will happen only when you press Windows key + B. However, I waited so long no beep sounds happen and after you release your hand from the key combination the USB will stop reading and two LED light (corrupted BIOS will appear again)

Seems almost there but something is missing giving the fact that the computer appeared to work from the USB but still unable to find the correct files. However, the computer appeared to accept reading from the USB only when the 0.188b.bin is located in the USB.
Please still looking for help. Been almost a month and corrupted BIOS issue unsolved yet

If there is any mistake I did with the Flash format or any other step. I am looking for your support.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

so you have tried with just
0188b.bin
and you have tried with just
02128.bin

on that USB stick? No other files in there?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

HCL.

Yes, I tried all files together and separately. Took the ones you mentioned, renamed them from fd----bin and dump them on a 2GB formatted USB (FAT). Nothing is happening !

Yes these are the only files on the USB. No other files there.

If you are looking for more help (Not sure if this will help or not) I found a picture of the same motherboard for this Laptop on ebay. Wonder if looking at it will help in identifying the needed combination of files to make the BIOS recovery. And here is the link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-2000-2b09wm- ... 1015429315

Another thing. I read on HP site that there is a utility called HP UEFI Support Environment. I tried that in a separate experiment. After using their UEFI tool the USB will be automatically named HP- tools. And some files will be there most of them will be called BIOS update. The next file is called versions and it will automatically extract 3 empty folders called (Previous- Current- New). Do you believe that using their UEFI utility instead of empty USB will help ? (Knowing that I put the bin files also separately in another attempts inside each folder with no hope) :(
HCL.

Oh yes, sorry for the double post. A stream of ideas.

Because no HP center is located in my current place of living and I can not ship the Notebook because of the civil war status (As I have per-mentioned). I called HP "technical support" and they do not even know what sort of BIOS recovery is needed nor they are capable of supplying me of the original BIOS file (other than the ones available on their site) Because even if I made a dis-assembly the size of the original Eprom for this mother board is only 4 MB while the original files on HP site are larger than 4.7 when being extracted. So this wont work too..........
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

I took my 2GB USB and using windows 7 I formatted it and change the value FAT 32 to FAT
do you mean you followed this procedure?

Insert your USB flash drive into an available USB port on your Windows 7 computer.

Click "Open Folder to View Files" in the AutoPlay window.

Right-click the USB flash drive's letter and select "Format."

Select "FAT" from the File System drop-down menu.

Click "Start" and select "OK" from the confirmation window. Formatting can take several seconds or minutes, depending on your system. Windows 7 notifies you when formatting is complete.
After this procedure copy the file in there and rename to .bin
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

HCL.

Of course, this is what I did to format the USB

Not working.
HCL.

Okay people of the world:

For future reference. The final result is that the whole civilized and advanced world failed to fix this specific corrupted BIOS issue. Even by dis assembly. Local repair men also failed........

Final possible solution (As far as I know)
Someone who can supply us with the original BIOS file.

My friend Edwin, any last thoughts ?

Anyone please ?!!