Acer 5951g Bios problem

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
antstyl
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello,
I think that i have done something wrong
I have an acer 5951g an I just downloaded from the acer's site a new bios and I installed it by just running the exe file.
After that my keyboard didn't respond, so I did a reboot.
But then nothing appears on the screen, so from what I have read I have to flash BIOS again.
But can someone help me with the exact steps and the correct bios, because the only bios that I can find is .exe?

Thanks!
ljb277

Hey,

I've just done the same thing rather annoyingly. Your right I think it needs a flash BIOS but like yourself I don't really know how to do this. I'm going to try booting using ubuntu on a memory pen but I'm not hopeful!
ljb277

Ok I've figured out a solution:

First thing you need to do is get a usb memory pen and reformat it to FAT (not Fat32)
Then you need to go to the acer support website and download a bios file. I chose v. 1.05 but others may work.
Once downloaded, extract the file using WinRar
Open the extracted folder and then open the "windows" folder
Right click on the application file (.exe) and press extract here. This will make a load of new files appear.
You now want to copy the file called ZRH.fd onto the blank reformated USB memory pen.
Now go to you buggered machine and insert the USB memory Pen.
Then, while holding Fn and Esc, press the power button on your 5951g. The power button and the USB memory pen should flash (if the memory pen has a light). After a few minutes a startup screen appears and everything should be fine.

I'm no computer wizz but this is the solution I found out by using bits of information from various websites as there didn't seem to be a direct solution for our laptops. If this doesn't work for you let me know and I'll try my best to help as the last thing anyone needs around Christmas is a doorstop for a Laptop
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Thanks for the info, you would think a big manufacturer like Acer can make a decent description of this process in their support section.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...