Acer 6592G Bios required- key board and trackpad issue

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
tonetime
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello, i have an acer 6592G laptop, i was having problem with it running really hot, as the laptop is new , i decided tp update the bios and see if that helps. But after the Update the keyboard and mouse won't work.

Is it possible that the V1.52 update, updated other parts of the Laptop etc. like update Key board and trackpad firmware, so even with a downgrade of the bios, the keyboard and trackpad will still remain update

I used winplash to flash it, it made a backup of the BIOS.
I have tried all the bios available on acer's site, still no solution.
I tried re-flashing the backup bios but winphlash won't throws up errors when i try to flash it. It always says

Corrupted interface descriptors in the new BIOS file.

Part table signature Not found in the interface error code:- 161

Can some one please let me know how i can make my back up Bios file work, so that i can re-flash it back on the Laptop.

i have also tried open it in Phoenix editor, but it wont open the back up bios, it always throws up this error- Invalid Rom length.

Can some one please let me know how i can make my back up Bios file work, so that i can re-flash it back on the Laptop.
Or is any one has an unaltered Acer 6592G laptop bios V 1.25 ,V 1.23, V1.22.

thankyou very much in advance

I apologize if this does not belong in this section of the forum.

thanks
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

If that is a new laptop you still should have warranty left on it, contact Acer tech support with your issue.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
tonetime

Its new as in not bought from a store, bought it off a ebay, the hard drive had errors on it and was not booting into windows. But its new , just a few weeks old. I don't have any details on warranty and anything like that.

thanks
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

The seller should have given you the original receipt. Now you're SOL I fear. Recovering a laptop bios is a service job, not something you can simply do just like that.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
tonetime

Okay i have been poking around the bios files, and i have noticed that after a certain version number- the bios has support to flash SST25VF080B, now i also noticed in later bios releases there is an update called KBBIOS and its updated to version ver .50.

Now i suspect that the information i want to flash, so that the keyboard and trackpad return to their original state, is contained in that part SST25VF080B, which earlier version of the bios dont support for flashing, and later verision have the KBBIOS update already on it.

here is a section for the log for bios version 1.52- version after 1.32 have the ability to flash SST25VF080B.

Device name : W25X80 (001300EF)
Version label: ALPHA
Block info : 16X64K
Looking for Text descriptor...
Device name : MX25l800 (001300C2)
Device name : SST25VF080B (008E00BF)
Block info : 32X32K
Looking for the platform descriptor ...
Looking for the keyboard table ...
Looking for the IBM table...
Looking for the nic descriptor ...

where as versions before 1.32 do not have support for flashing part SST25VF080B

Looking for the part table structure...
Part table contains 2 device(s)...
Looking for part descriptor...
Looking for part descriptor...
Looking for the text descriptor table structure...
Device name : W25X80 (001300EF)
Device name : MX25l800 (001300C2)
Looking for the platform descriptor ...
Looking for the keyboard table ...
Looking for the IBM table...
Looking for the nic descriptor

so i guess the easiest way is to get a bios version between 1.32 and 1.32.02- all have support for SST25VF080B (008E00BF) but critically dont have the KBBIOS. So if any one with an acer travelmat 6592g and have the bios 1.32, 1.32.01 or 1.32.02 please let me know

And the other option, is can i edit the bios version after 1.32 to remove the KBBIOS update or can i downgrade the KBBIOS. I beleive this is all part of the EC BIOS - so if its possible to downgrade the EC bios section that would be great.

thanks in advance, i hope this all made sense.
tonetime

Anybody.. :( :oops: