Acer Aspire 5050 won't boot

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
GothPanda
New visitors - please read the rules.

My aspire won't boot. When turned on the lights all turn on and the disks are accessed for a second or two. There is no bios screen and the monitor stays blank. I'm in desperate need of help and I'm posting this on my wii. Any help would be appreciated.
Sharedoc
Notebook Genius

Disconnect charger, take out battery, take out CMOS battery, take out memory, put them back. If you still have the same problem, then sounds like a hardware problem. Then better to take to some computer repair shop.
Met-AL

I have an Aspire 5050 as well and today it started doing the exact same thing.

I did all the normal things, pull the battery, the internal "watch" battery, the RAM, the wireless card, etc. It just won't post, nothing but a blank screen.

But, if I let it sit for a while, maybe an hour or so, it posts. What really ticks me off is the warranty was just up on Dec 26th, 2007.

Time to shop for a new notebook I guess, and it will not be an Acer or any of it's brands.... Acer, Gateway, or eMachines.
memo

got the same f*c#in problem here. just got a new acer laptop and it won't boot up. It was tested fine and i saw the bios screen earlier but now it's failing to even show the bios screen. never buy any acer brand!!!
overklox