Acer Aspire 5100 BIOS Information missing.

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
CODYQX4
New visitors - please read the rules.

My Acer Aspire 5100 laptop had many components damaged, so I sent it to Acer to have it repaired. In the BIOS, There is information in the BIOS (Manufacturer, Serial #, asset tag..). After having many of it's internal components replaced, this information no longer is shown. The tags are there, but nothing is there with them. I know that the Asset Tag can be assigned by a program called Acer eSettings, but only one time. This tells that the BIOS can be modified through software, but I don't know any way to reassign the other information. Is there anyone that can help me, besides Acer, because I am no longer under warranty. If anybody needs more information about my BIOS, I can try to look it up.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

You have 3 months warranty on the repair, contact Acer with your issue and confront them with their sloppiness...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
CODYQX4

edwin wrote:You have 3 months warranty on the repair, contact Acer with your issue and confront them with their sloppiness...
Sorry, I sent it out 5 months ago, and even if I did still have my warranty, it costs too much to ship it out. Is there any way I can put the information in properly? It is a flash BIOS, so it should be able to be done without removing the chip.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

I said contact Acer, not send in the laptop to Acer. If they have such an utility and it is out there for the public they will let you know, else it would not be more than reasonable for them to send out a support person to have it fixed at your place.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
CODYQX4

I'll send them an e-mail and see what they have to say.