Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
#49028 by Fwosth
Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:23 am
Hi everyone!

I have an Acer Aspire 7520G. When I installed XP on it, Vista was preinstalled, I managed to accidently flash bios from Windows. When the program started to reflash bios, it stopped somewhere in the middle and the computer died. I could move the mousepointer, but that was it... When I then tried to reboot, the screen is just black. No starting screen or anything. Just black. I can hear the hdd and cpu workng, and the fan is spinning. So nothing wrong there.

So, i've been reading the Acer-thread here. And tried almost everything there. So i'll try to make my own thread, before my last resort, sending it to Acer! So, if anyone has any ideas, or think they know how to do it. Please tell me.

Currently it's 4 versions of my bios. All of them contains both a WPH and a ROM file. (So it wont fit on a floppy). And i have managed to get the computer to read a recovery-floppy(with either a WPH or a ROM file.), But when it stops after a few mins. It never reboot itself... I've been trying with and without the hdd.
Well, thats all the info I have.
All hels is appreciated!

//Regards Fwosth