Acer Aspire 7520, Black screen.

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
Fwosth
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi everyone!

I have an Acer Aspire 7520G. When I installed XP on it, Vista was preinstalled, I managed to accidently flash bios from Windows. When the program started to reflash bios, it stopped somewhere in the middle and the computer died. I could move the mousepointer, but that was it... When I then tried to reboot, the screen is just black. No starting screen or anything. Just black. I can hear the hdd and cpu workng, and the fan is spinning. So nothing wrong there.

So, i've been reading the Acer-thread here. And tried almost everything there. So i'll try to make my own thread, before my last resort, sending it to Acer! So, if anyone has any ideas, or think they know how to do it. Please tell me.

Currently it's 4 versions of my bios. All of them contains both a WPH and a ROM file. (So it wont fit on a floppy). And i have managed to get the computer to read a recovery-floppy(with either a WPH or a ROM file.), But when it stops after a few mins. It never reboot itself... I've been trying with and without the hdd.
Well, thats all the info I have.
All hels is appreciated!

//Regards Fwosth
Sharedoc
Notebook Genius

Ahh, flashing from Windows seems to be asking for trouble...
JJstar

Fwosth wrote:Hi everyone!

I have an Acer Aspire 7520G.

(from other topic)
I have downloade the Bios recovery disk program, and made a Recovery Disk with version 1.07 of the Vista Bios. (I have no autoexec.bat, no fix.bat, and i didn't replace the plash16 file.) Anyway, this gives the "best result", the USB-floppy reads the floppy for like 1-2min, otherwise just about 10-20s.
I have the 7520 (one with a Gforce 8400) and have the exact same problem. I tried every way from the other topic but my screen stays black and it doesn't reboot.

At this point the only thing I can think of is that the lowest version of the Bios available at acer site (v.1.07) is not the original version (i.e. we'd need lower). Though, quite frankly I don't think it matters whether you have the original or newer.

Anyway, did you manage to fix your 7520? If yes, any tips for me?

- Dead Acer Owner - :(
Fwosth

Nope, my notebook is still black =/ I've even tried the GFX-bios in one of the bios files. Maybe i've been doing it wong, but anyway, no result :/

I'm checking my post like every day to se if anyone has posted a suggestion for me... ><
I dont want so send it to Acer... But it seems like I dont have any choice soon :(

IF, I find a solution, i will post it here, right away! And I hope other peoples will do the same =)
JJstar

I was afraid you'd say that.

Just gave it my final attempt. Same story, I get it to read the usb floppy drive for about 1-2 min and then it stops reading but doesn't reboot. I've been at this point with all 5 wph bios available at Acer (1.07,1.11, 1.21, 1.30, 1.32) and after a manual unplug->plug->boot it still ends up with merely a black screen. :cry:

I've been flashing loads of devices for 20+ years and this is the first one that fails so badly I can't recover it, making this also the worst system I had so far. The specs are nice for the price but the machine sux :) No more Acer for me. :|

I'll buy a case tomorrow to backup the harddisk and then I'll call Acer and act stupid...

Tnx for the reply and good luck with yours.
emanuel

please see this thread since it may help you http://www.wimsbios.com/phpBB2/topic8541-60.html. anyway, just put one rom in a diskette, not all!
JJstar

Thanks, but as you could have read above we already tried all the methods described in that topic and it's not working for our model.
ktulm

one year later!!
this post seems to be useless one year later but i'm so happy that i had to post a reply, just in case someone else have troubles with his laptop. i just succeeded in booting my acer 7520g laptop!! i thought it was dead coz i tried all the solutions that i found with google and none of then seemed to work (fn+esc keys, crisis disk, bootable cd with all kind of bios with many and many different extensions and filename...tested almost all hardware parts...)
actually i just have to press tightly near the touchpad to launch the boot, the laptop does not restart every 2 seconds, all works like a charm!!

hope it will help someone!!
ursulka7

ktulum,
you are the greatest!
I had the same problem on my acer aspire 5520g, i thought it is bios and all other things, but after reading 150 posts and trying everything i tried to push the computer around touchpad and it started to work!
this means it is some connection, but anyways - i can reach my documents now.
THANKS once more!
SunTzu

Thanks ktulm,

Didn't think it would work but it did. Tried to open the case to see why but couldn't get it off. What I did find is that if you remove the motherboard cover, the large one on the bottom, there are two wires, on white and one black, coming from under the battery compartment to a rectangular, component near the speaker. I happened to catch on of these and it came off the componet. It wasn't soldered but is a push fit onto a small fastening. Replaced that and the laptop has now rebooted over two days without any problems at all. Check these wires, they may look OK but could be failing to make a good contact.

Hope that helps someone and saves them from sending it back to Acer for a needless repair.
ice29

Hi ive Experienced this kind of issue, i got a resource error... acer support in my country sucks any ideas? i tried the push thing but didnt work for me...
ulilzc

a mi me paso lo mismo con una aspire 7520 primero encendia y apagaba.. despues solo encendia y no daba video... lo q hice fue poner un monitor a la salida de video VGA y si funciono.. ahora estoy revisando el LCD de la laptop...
albanx

Hello
I had the same problem with my acer tm 4600. After flashing it, the screen goes black, but windows startup , i undestand it from the sound. so i had a black screen and a working windows.
Fortunately i had installed on my pc vnc server, so i connect my pc on the wifi lan, and with another pc i use vnc viewer to access the dead screen pc remotely.
and making me wonder i saw a 4 bit color with vnc viewer, then from that i reflash with the correct bios my laptop, and it work fine, the portable returns
OK.
I hope this hepls