acer dead after bios upgrade

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
kimon
New visitors - please read the rules.

hi all,
i upgraded acer 1703sm with latest bios version as3c13; result was that after entering in the bios it would take a couple of minutes before someone could browse its menu. so i decided to downgrade to the previous version aS3a76. after that , laptop looks dead.!! only the fans and the power led is up. both bios version are retrived from acer web site.
any clue or opinion about the case would be much apreciated .
regards
Sharedoc
Notebook Genius

Did you try usual resetting everything (take out battery, take out CMOS battery), then reboot?
kimon

Sharedoc wrote:Did you try usual resetting everything (take out battery, take out CMOS battery), then reboot?
yes of course i have , but no luck either .
i have taken it to authorised service center and they say they have to replcace the board (about 350 euros) and my subsequent question is : Should i accept the full cost since bios upgrade was download from the companys' site ? and now power failure took place will performing it ??
thanks for any ideas !!!!
Sharedoc
Notebook Genius

Cannot say what is right in this case, but in my honest opinion I would not mind paying for new motherboard, since bios flashing is not ordinary use. There is always a risk when flashing that something goes wrong.
kimon

Sharedoc wrote:Cannot say what is right in this case, but in my honest opinion I would not mind paying for new motherboard, since bios flashing is not ordinary use. There is always a risk when flashing that something goes wrong.
ok if you say so !!!
i apreceate it very much and i must admit , what you say is true (i am afraid )
thank you very much for your reply !!!