Acer Extensa 5620 laptop - Available VESA modes?

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
CharredPC
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have a boot loader than operates in VESA mode. Unfortunately, it's always stretched out on my widescreen WXGA LCD. After unsuccessfully trying to set it to 1280x800x32, I listed out the available VESA modes. The resolutions listed were 640x480x(8,16,32), 800x600(8,16,32), and 1024x768x(8,16,32). There were also three weird modes listed first- 0x0x0's.

My goal is to have 1280x800 as an available VESA resolution. Also, perhaps remove those weird erroneous entries. Maybe the two can be accomplished in one go, by filling the 1280x800 modes into the 0x0x0 spots? The bad entries might also explain why booting into my OS results in a scrambled screen sometimes. Any of this sound doable?

My laptop: Acer Extensa 5620, using the last BIOS available, v1.35. I don't see any new ones coming out, and support refuses to listen to any Bios-related issues.
CharredPC
New visitors - please read the rules.

Just in case anyone is interested in taking a look at this, I'm posting the second to last available BIOS update (v1.34) in WPH format. Let me know if you need the ROM file. The latest one is embedded in a Winflash app, so can't be had. I'm fine using the previous version though.

I'd try a (clumsy) hand at doing this myself, but I can't get any program to open the file properly. Always welcome to recommendations, though! Thanks again.

Edit: Can't post links. Yech.