Advanced Error Saving settings. Phoenix SC. Can't update

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
tjw344
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have a Samsung np700z5bh laptop with a Phoenix SecureCore Tiano bios that boots a UEFI system that runs Linux and Windows through GRUB (the OS stuff shouldn't affect this). After editing the bios at the bios menu, I try to save it (both by save and exit, and by just saving it). An error window pops up that says "Advance. Failed to save storage. SamsungSetup. Storage." It will not save. Boots fine most of the time. Date and time are correct. I am trying to update the bios. I have a .exe file from Samsung which is too large to attach, but I can link to it if need be. I can get the .rom file if need be. Although I'm scared that this new ype of bios might need more than just the .rom file. Their are lots of files in the .exe file. tried to use the .exe program from windows as samsung states, but it stalls. I did some research, and was told that I need to disable the "Execute Disable Bit" option in the bios. This is when I encounter the current error. Any advice will be helpful.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Contact Samsung on the procedure as it is their bios, their flash utility and their laptop that is using an advanced and slightly proprietary flash method we do not yet have much experience in. We can try and use the normal routines but the risk is too big we might break something and brick the laptop.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
mariverost
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have a Samsung NP300E4Z (running Fedora 16) with similar problems and I just opened the case, removed the RAM memory and only repopulated THE SECOND slot... Then I rebooted and was able to modify ONLY FEW bios items to install Windows (from DVD) and updated the BIOS from there using the Samsung's utility. After that, the first slot of memory was filled and all was fine...
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Were those the original memory sticks in there or upgraded ones? If upgrades, they may not be 100% compatible with the laptop and can cause more trouble later on...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...