Alienware Laptop

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
ABMJR
New visitors - please read the rules.

Friends,

I just came across this great site last nite and I have been searching and trying to read up. I have an Alienwate Laptop 2.4 Ghz 1 gig ram 60 Gig hard drive and an ATI Radeon 9000 with 64 mb of VRAM...My question, I have researched and seem to have found that a company called Cleavo and Sager may have made the motherboard for my laptop...I have NoteBios 4.0 Release 6.0..My question is, just short of me contacting Alienware again, Does anyone know how can I identify the Motherboard inside...I have opened it up and I see " NC562D2K02260. If I kinda reference the sager site, I think this is a 5660 possibly?..Does anyone know anything about these laptops?.Can I upgrade the CPU (its a socket 478) as I have cleaned the dust out of the bottom and have removed the cpu out of its zif socket a few times?..Also. ..Are these notebios things upgradeable and flashable...Seems that NoteBios and Phoenix dont support the public in doing updates, Are there any sites that someone could PM me about where I could possibly find a flash for this?.....Anyway, I don;t want to be a first post wonder, just have searched and searched and I am no better today than I was when I started...Again, Thanks, Alan :D
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Really nothing here?
http://support.alienware.com/Support_Pa ... loads.aspx

BTW, what problem are you having that requires a BIOS upgrade?
ABMJR

I am not having any problems with the BIOS, I just don't like most basic I have ever seen and I would like to alter some clock settings or anything else that I could explore....As for the Alienware site, I personally hate it as I am a first time buyer and it seems so not geared for tweaking whatso ever....Thats all..Thanks, Alan
Jackle1886

Hello, i have an alienware area 51m 5620. If anyone has a bios i could flash my system with that would be great. Even acces to one that can be downloaded. Thanks for your help.