armada E500 won't POST

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
TheDude1884
New visitors - please read the rules.

So I jus got this cool laptop from my brother for free and one of the first things i did was upgrade the bios. Of course using the rompaqs off the HP site failed while trying to flash the bios. Now my laptop is a paperweight. All it does on power up is turn on three LEDS at the top and nothing else.
I've tried some various tricks in getting the floppy to boot but none of them worked. I don't know if my board has boot block pads cause I don't know what they look like. What am I looking for that I need to short? Also I heard putting on a boot block jumper in the lpt port works for some ppl but I don't know what that is. Is it a piece of wire jumping one pin to another and if so which pins are they so I can try this out.
Maybe I'm missing some parameters in my config.sys. Right it says shell=a:/rompaq.exe /Recover /!
I read the technical reference manual for this laptop and it says it's a phoenix bios and if the bios upgrade fails then it must be crisis recovered. Anybody know what that means?
thanx
TheDude1884

k after further reading the manual says the the floppy disk and the parallel port are mulitplexed together...
It says the the parallel port pins are accessible by the 8051, which allows the 8051 to perform flash recovery. So Im guessing I need to jump some pins on the parallel port but which ones?
If anyone knows which ones please let me know
thanx alot
tran14330

I also have an E500 and i would like some help as well. Plz help!