Aspire 5050.... PLEASE HELP!!!!

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
feleekshia@hotmail.com
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi! My name is Felicia and I'm in desperate need of help. Well, my husband was given this computer in September 2007. It was a gift from his grandparents before he deployed to Iraq. Apparently, the computer has NEVER had sound. Unfortunately, he discovered this in the desert. I just found out that after calling customer support that this computer should not have Windows XP on it..... indeed it does. I believe before my husband's grandparents flew out here to visit us and give him the computer that my mother-in-law got ahold of it and downgraded to Windows XP. Which customer support told me screwed up the computer's ability to make recovery disks. I am so frustrated..... We have to pay around $35 bucks for the damn recovery disks to get this computer back to where it should be with sound. I'm currently unemployed and can't afford to pay. If we had called within 90 days it would have been covered under warranty, but my husband was busy fighting a war and I was unaware. So, do any of you own an Aspire 5050 and can you help in any way?

Thanks!
Sharedoc
Notebook Genius

It is propably just a driver issue for the sound chip. Try to find out the driver chip from the documentation, get the driver and reinstall.