Big Problem after updating Acer Aspire 5942G BIOS

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
Arcangelvs
New visitors - please read the rules.

First of all, I would like to say hello to everybody and thank you for any help you could provide. I also would like to apologize for any English language mistake uin my writting (I am from Spain)
My problem is that after updating the BIOS of my new laptop Acer 5942g (bought in sept 2010) from v. 1.01 to v.1.05 (BIOS ID NCQD1)(update that solves some problems related with the acer cineboost engine), the laptop appears protected by a system password. Of course i did not used any password, I am sure 100%, and before updating i didn't have to type any system password. I have contacted Acer Customer service, but they don't want to repair the pasword problem with the warranty, so they ask me to pay for it, they don't have any problem related with thefs as the laptop is register at my name and i have prouf of purchase).Of course I do not agree with this, as the updating was made from the Acer's web page and the laptop is really new and in warraty. Probably i wil make a formal complaint about this...
But meanwhile..
Is there any other user affected by the same problem? Is there a solution? What should I do?

Thank you in advance.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Their website states upgrading the bios is at your own risk and a lost password costs money. You can try 000000 (six zero's) as this was sometimes used by Acer as default password. other than that, I fear you have to pay for the recovery of the password. You're lucky you have the proof of purchase, else they would not even help you for money.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
zorq
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have the aspair 5943g
While updating the bios
No longer operate the device
Was sent to the maintenance of the seller
They reported change motherboard and covered under warranty
I now wait for the motherboard from the manufacturer :cry: