Bios Assistance for a panasonic User?

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
Blanko
New visitors - please read the rules.

I find the CF-25 an outstanding laptop, very rugged and capable, but the Bios is a catastrophy. There are no updates for windows 2000,
Int13h limits it to a 8.4 gig drive (I know, but I don't want to use an overlay!) the system doesn't support most cardbus (32 bit) cards in XP or Win2000 even though those card work in the same slots under Win98 (Bios again) and the only changes in bios to be made are to PnP or disable ports and sound card, and Power Management.

I am ready to take some risks and replace my BIOS with a non Panasonic Toughbook bios. Any reccomendations? It has a Triton 430tx chipset, an Intel 82371AB PIIX4 south bridge, and a Neomagic Magic Graph 128 zv VGA chip and the bios is a heavily edited phoenix Bios.

What are my options? Editing a version of Phoenix 4 revision 6? How might I even start?
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

What BIOS release do you have? There are several Google hits for the CF-25 BIOS...
Blanko

I have a CF-25 MKIII, and the newest version is v14
Blanko

The laptop's motherboard is made by IBM, if this is any help. Panasoic's tech support gives no hope of an official update...