BIOS for MSI PR200 needed

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
pa3x
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi there,

I was accidentally found this site and thought to ask for help. I'm having notebook MSI PR200, model MS-1221. This nootebook is not designed for windows 7, but I like it and have it genuine. When there was original BIOS (cant remeber what version), power managament was OK, but when using nootebok with turned on WiFi i had lots of hangups. Then i updated last bios (it's designedfor vista), but i got new problems. Power managament not working well: Having no fadeing screen, and no automatic standby. WiFi is working better (no occasional hagups), and if i'm on powr, not batery, there is alsmost no hangups. I wrote to MSI, but they told me that mine nootebook is to old and they will not do BIOS upgrade.

So, question is, can anyone help me?

With regards, Patrick.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

How much memory is in that laptop?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
pa3x

2 GB
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

That is on the low side for windows 7 but in theory should work. Did you clear the cmos (set it to default settings) after flashing and did you use a fresh install of windows after updating the bios? It's possible the power management support in the bios has been replaced and windows is still trying to get it through the old method.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
pa3x

edwin wrote:That is on the low side for windows 7 but in theory should work. Did you clear the cmos (set it to default settings) after flashing and did you use a fresh install of windows after updating the bios? It's possible the power management support in the bios has been replaced and windows is still trying to get it through the old method.
2gig is enough for w7.
yes i did clear cmos, yes i did follow instructions how to reset EC, i did fresh install w7, but problems still exists. Funny is that BIOS is A1221IMS ver 1.51 (for vista) dated 19.01.2010, but EC build is 1221EMS1 ver 3.14 (for XP) dated 03.07.2008.