Black screen or stripes

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
woordvoerder
New visitors - please read the rules.

hello,

first i must say i'm a total newbie for bios.. (you people must be thinking like sigh another one) i'm sorry

but i have a acer aspire 9813WKMI with phoenix bios
now it says vga bios verion is: nVIDEA G73 E463 5.73.22.15.48
but my vga is Nvidia geforce 7600 go for notebook
bios verion : v2.14
is this correct ????

the problem is:
when i install windows 7 or vista it all works fine but if i want to start the advanced startup options (that's f8 menu wile booting right after the bios splash screen).
it wont show but i know it's there because i can choose safe mode, i only need to guess where in the menu is hidden.
so i have the menu but in black screen..

when i install ubuntu 11.10 everything works fine only but when i login in ubuntu en start the terminal (ctrl+alt+f1 or ctrl+alt+f2 or ctrl+alt+f6) the screen is black and it shows me nothing.
it also says something about the vga on the install, when pressing f6 on loading of install you get a list that checks hardware like audo bluetooth vga but everything says ok except at vga(or video or graphic i can't remember wich one) it says failed
also i dont get the splash screen,
also when i startup to grub (shift holding while booting after the splash screen of bios) it gives me stripes...
so i say it's my vga but as i said i'm a total newbie in bios or what so ever.....

is there someone that can help me i use different forums, but nobody know anything...

please tell me what to do step by step

thank you
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

G73M/Geforce 7600 Go, match:
http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeF ... 144.0.html

1) the graphics chip in this one is failing.
2a) find out if the graphics chip is mounted on a seperate card, if so, replace the card
2b) if the graphics chip is in the laptop itself send it to the Acer service center and be prepared for a bill if out of warranty.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
woordvoerder
New visitors - please read the rules.

thank you for the quick response.
well it''s on the motherboard so...
i probally need to sent it at acer service center