Brand new laptop: error! not support wireless lan in system

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
derekcentrico
New visitors - please read the rules.

Bought a Lenovo Y460P and received it today. The sales representative promised the Intel 6230 dual-band Wifi chip would work. It does. But, the BIOs does not have it in the whitelist or whatever.

So, I keep getting a message on boot stating "error! not support wireless lan in system". I have to hit F1 every time to continue onward. The wifi card works 110% on Win7 and on Ubuntu.

I've searched Google like mad trying to find a solution but have not succeeded. There may have been one at one point, but a bios website which discussed it via Google cache. But, that site is offline and apparently defunct. What I realize is that there are at least three possible options: third-party BIOs, hacking the BIOs, or hacking the PCI-ID of the wifi adapter.

Can anyone advise me on how to get this resolved?
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Buying a Lenovo-supported WiFi-adapter or get a laptop that is supporting your WiFi-adapter (not using whitelists).

If you want to hack your own, here's a thread about the HP nc6000 series of laptops wich discusses this thing into great detail (tools/utilities/techniques).
http://www.wimsbios.com/forum/topic9388.html
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...