can't boot notebook: d347bus.sys?

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
Thyrosis
New visitors - please read the rules.

hey guys,

this is my first post here, though I read most of the topics concerning my current problem.

I bought a notebook off a friend of mine, and it all went right for a couple of weeks. Last week I needed to download some files from a ftp, and went for breakfast. By the time I came back (about 1 hour), it gave me the screen with something like:
"this notebook isn't shut down (or booted) properly, it can be that there is something wrong in Windows. Would you like to boot
- safe mode
- safe mode with network acces
- safe mode (with something)
- reboot with the last known working settings
- start Windows"

I didn't know what happened, so I tried safe mode first, just to be sure. But it didn't do something usefull, cause after a minute or so I ended up in thesame screen. I tried all the other options a couple of times as well, but nothing works. I even tried booting it with a win98 startdisk, but that didn't work either. That's because of the harddisk formatted as NTFS.
When I try one of the options, it loads a couple of files, and ends with: d347bus.sys I searched google about that file, and it seems to be something in the bios. I have no clue what it could be, cause I couldn't find anything really usefull (except the fact that a virus is roaming around which could use the same name).
I'm just curious whether someone has a solution for this problem, or maybe someone knows if formatting the complete harddrive would be the only solution. (I don't mind formatting, was intending to do that anyway, saving some files would come in very handy though).

Thanks very much for reading this (very long story), and good luck to you all.
Sharedoc
Notebook Genius

Does not look like it is a bios problem.

It is either a virus or a problem of your Windows/XP blowing up.

Remove the harddisk and have it virus checked in somebody's computer using 3.5/2.5 IDE adapter. If this is not feasible, reinstall Windows.
Arne.F

d347bus.sys has nothing to do with the bios.

This is the virtual scsi driver of deamon tools 3.47 CD-Emulator.

If this programm is installed windows ask the user if it schould load this in safe mode. I think it has nothing to do with your problem.
Thyrosis

If this programm is installed windows ask the user if it schould load this in safe mode. I think it has nothing to do with your problem.
That's strange, cause I had that program installed for several weeks already.
Anyway, I'm going to try the virusscan then, cause there probably is no other option.

Thanks!
Machuse

Its a problem with deamon tools
and that is the source of your problem...

I have had this problem b4...and am currently having it again....

ill look for the fix again then get back to you...cant remeber how i fixed it last time but its something simple
jamiek

Are you running Zone Alarm?
The d347bus.sys is a Daemon tools virtual SCSI CD driver (alternately, a347bus.sys is the Alcohol version)

Both are loaded as a boot process.
The only way to access boot processes is recovery console or registry edit.
(if you can even boot into safe mode - I couldn't)
If there is another way, please tell me...

You can try and rename the files, a347prt.sys and a347bus.sys and/or d347prt.sys and d347bus.sys, they are in c:\windows\system32\drivers directory. Daemon tools will send an error on the next boot - and unless you rename back to the original, then uninstall, an error will still occur - poor uninstall.

It's a ZA problem, I'm still trying to get a resolution.

Jamie
Megatron

Hi!

With the help of Hiren's boot CD, I was able to rename both files.

Another problem appeared:

It now locks when loading: c:\windows\apppatch\drvmain.SDB

Any ideas ?
DrQuincy

I am encountering the same problem as Thyrosis whereby I am unable to boot my PC in Safe Mode or otherwise with d347bus.sys listed as the last bootable file when I try. I have DAEMON Tools installed.

Any ideas?
yarda

Hi guys,
looks I'm having the best problem of all with this. I tryed many of your reccomendations but nothing works. Iwanted to get to recovery console but problem is, it automaticaly goes to a new instalation of WinXP and tells me I need to format the C:\ drive which I can't of course because I need to recover some data from it. I'm totaly lost, nothing works...

Anybody can help? I would be really gratefull guys.

Yarda.