Can I downgrade my bios?

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
Thewarden
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello,

First off, my laptop is a Medion Akoya S4209.

I recently reinstalled windows 7 as my laptop had become really sluggish.

After reinstalling, I had a problem whereby when I closed the lid (sleep) the WiFi would switch off and need manually switching back on.

I tried loads of fixes, reinstall, disabling power management, deleting drivers etc. Then as a last resort updated the bios.

This cured the WiFi off problem but left me with a bigger headache.

The WiFi now keeps dropping signal.

I've tried more fresh reinstalls, rebooting router, switching every appliance off, loads of drivers, disabling ivp6, repositioning the router, pretty much everything Google has suggested. I've done it.

I can now only think it's down to the bios upgrade, please can anybody tell me how to revert back. I can't find the bios revisions online.

The manufacturer only has the latest bios and say they do not supply superceded files.

Perhaps I could get the bios for a different machine that has the same motherboard?

I just don't know, I'm typing on my phone and my eyes hurt. I just rechecked where I got my bios file on the Medion site it seems I've downloaded and flashed the Windows 8 version, I can't see windows 7.

Im stuck.

Thanks

Thanks
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Did you remove/reinstall the Wifi card driver inside windows?

http://www1.medion.de/downloads/downloa ... pe=treiber
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
Thewarden

Thanks, and yes.

Ive tried that and many different wifi card variants.

My thinking is that it is the BIOS update I put on, which was designed for Windows 8, I am on Windows 7. Am I on the wrong track?

Ive been trying to fing which motherboard I have, the system says its a Medion B34MD. I dont think that's accurate.
Thewarden

Ok,

I took the thing apart and found this printed on the Motherboard:

Hannstar J MV-4 94V-0

E89382

Any help?
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

The bios update most likely added windows 8 support but didn't change anything for windows 7. Now I will try to find if the older bios is online somewhere. No guarantee.

Oh the Hannstar etc stuff is just who made the PCB and the 94V-0 is about flame retardantness of the board so no, not useful, sorry. Medion are known for using MSI and Acer boards in their past series of laptops but right now there's no telling who made this one.

We'll be back.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
Thewarden

OK thanks,