Compaq Presario v5209us -- Bad Flash Mod

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
tek11
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello,

I'm sure I have found this much too late. At any rate, I attempted to mod some BIOS with an editor to support the intel WLAN card I bought. Terrible idea, of course.

Now I have a bricked Compaq Presario V5209US. It appears to be phoenix bios.

The only bright side, is that holding Winkey + B while attaching A/C and plugging a USB floppy into the correct port with CRISDSK on the floppy will cause it to read the floppy for a few minutes, then it generates a low, long, staticy beep, followed by two higher pitched beeps.

It sounds as if the boot block recovery is trying to work, but it never shuts down on its own. I have let it sit for up to 20 minutes before disconnecting power. When I reconnect, everything is the same, fans and CD spin up, but it won't boot.

I have tried a few different versions of phlash16, several versions of BIOS, including the BIOS.BAK created on the laptop's hard drive during the bad flash.

I have just found 13 different versions of phlash16.exe and plan to try them all, as different ones produce different results (some don't work at all, some beep during the reading from floppy process, some don't.. etc)

I will be very grateful if anyone can help me get this back in working order, or tell me what I am missing in the recovery process.

Thank you!
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

renaming the bios file to BIOS.WPH perhaps?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...