Crisis Recovery on Toshiba P100 - factory disabled?

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
bladteth
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi,

Usual story. Windows based BIOS upgrade (WinPhlash) went wrong and my P100 died. I've come across Crisis Recovery procedure that should work on any PhoenixBIOS based laptop. However, I either must be doing something wrong or the motherboard is toasted more than I expected. In my case, I’ve followed the procedure carefully, but my P100 doesn’t want to enter crisis recovery mode at all. It doesn’t even try to access/boot USB floppy drive. I’ve just tested it with my wife’s A100 and all drives (HD, DVD and FDD) light their LEDs right after powering up the laptop, so the floppy drive is working fine. When I press power button on my P100, fans start to rotate, hard drive spins up (and chipset heatsink becomes warm after a while), but pressing Fn+B or Win+B as described in CR procedure doesn’t produce a slightest change in laptop’s behaviour. Floppy drive is Toshiba branded, so there should be no compatibility problem. Power is supplied to all USB ports, but somehow my P100 refuses to access FDD on start-up. Any help?

Cheers,
bladteth
cnexpert

Hi, Im having exactly the same problem, did you found any solution?
Anyone else could help?
Tks
bladteth

cnexpert wrote:Hi, Im having exactly the same problem, did you found any solution?
Unfortunately, no. I guess the motherboard is fried and will have to be replaced.

Regards,
bladteth
thesanman112

Did you plug laptop into external Monitor?