ctx ezbook 700e aka veridata 953e bios flash

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
jhtnyc25
New visitors - please read the rules.

hello.

i have a ctx ezbook 700e and when i upgraded from windows 95 to 98se it started having some problems recognizing my battery. i think this is because of an old bios.

currently i am using intel 430tx version 1.01 sub-version 1.18.00p. since ctx stopped supporting their laptops a few years ago i have had to search the internet and have found a systemsoft update for the 430tx chipset: systemsoft version 1.23.11. i have extracted these files to a floppy disk. the files are as follows:

autoexec.bat
bios.rom
config.prg
flashit.exe
history.txt
veridata.com

i am planning on restarting my computer, putting this disk in the a: drive and running flashit.exe. does this sound like the correct procedure?

i have read somewhere that i need to create a boot disk and then copy these files onto it. as of now i haven't been able to figure out how to do that.

and finally, how do i backup my current version of the bios in case it doesn't work?

thanks so much for your help,

john
Denniss
BIOS Guru

If you really want to do this there's a very high chance your Notebook does not work at all .

Please only use a Bios designed for your Notebook or specially designed for the motherboard used in this Notebook .
jhtnyc25
New visitors - please read the rules.

i know it is the correct update. any other advice would be appreciated.