Dell D600 and 600M with bios rev. X01 & X04 - how to upd

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
crsengland
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have a couple of Dell laptops with early bios versions, possibly (probably) prototype versions of the D600 and 600M models. They have bios versions X01 and X04, and I'd like to update the bios on these machines to something close to current revisions. I've done this on an Inspiron 5160 by starting with the A01 bios, then working my way up in steps with later versions.
Has anyone done this with D600's or 600M's?
Does anyone have a procedure for this - or the bios versions I need to do this? Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks,
Chris
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Well, since you were succesful with using the A01 bios I'd try with the A00 bios for the D600 and work from there.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
crsengland
New visitors - please read the rules.

Thanks for the reply, and that's along the lines of what I'd like to do if I can find the obsolete bios versions like the A00, etc. I was also hoping for a little verification from someone who had actually done the bios update on these early boards. I'd also like to know if there are any switches that can be added to the command line when flashing from DOS. I'm aware of the switches used for the CPiA, etc., era of boards - but those are very old and I doubt they'd be applicable to these boards.