Dell inspiron 8110 Bios Image. Please.

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
smily
I didn't read the rules

Hi
I am trying to re-program a dell 8100 notbook..But I can't get a image file..

The only thing i can get from Dell is a flash program with the file built in..But due to a bad flash I can't use the utility so i have de soldered the epron chip and i am going to program it in a programmer..

But I can't find just a image file..

So if anyone can help please let me know..

thanks
Joe
Chip off the ol' block

Send me the bios .exe file I'll decompile it and send you the rom file.

aqs12@broadviewnet.net

Joe
stonent
BIOS Rookie

Joe wrote:Send me the bios .exe file I'll decompile it and send you the rom file.

aqs12@broadviewnet.net

Joe
Ive decrypted dell bioses before using a program to UN-Lzexe the bios. What do you use?
js76
New visitors - please read the rules.

I'm interested in how to split the Dell EXE's into patcher + ROM as well. Dell seems to only release single-file EXE BIOS updates for my CPx750GT as well. It drives me crazy not being able to backup my ROM (tried Uniflash and a couple other Phoenix utilities with no success).

If either of you feel up to writing a small how-to, I would be most grateful. I tried UNLZEXE (the DOS program) since you mentioned it, but the program told me that the file was not an archive. Same deal with WinRAR and WinZip.
fastsally

Hi,
I could really use some help too! I'm having the same single file bios problem with my solo 9500 bios. I could recover the corrupt bios if I had the rom file. Gateway only uses this stupid exe thing..... File analysis says it's an MZ dos file. Could this be decompiled to get the rom file?
Thanks,
Sally
Joe
Chip off the ol' block

Fastsally, please post your email or send me a PM to get you the file.
dos-freak

I am curious if stripping the first 64k of the .exe flasher works or not.
I got the idea because when i analyzed the file, i found some padding bytes in there and i found out from the .exe, that the bios seems to be 512k in size.
Everything in the .exe that can be considered program code was within the first 64k.
Please see my post at http://www.wimsbios.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=28040

Any chances, that this may work? :)